The weather’s been really lovely lately and to be honest hot, filling meatloaf wouldn’t usually be my first choice on a warm sunny day, but I wanted to make room in our freezer for some popsicles (they’re a MUST in the summer :o), so out came a pack of ground beef to free up some space. Of course I could of gone along the burger route so that the BBQ got another workout, but I suddenly had a hankering for meatloaf for some reason – maybe I needed a comfort food moment :o)
2 lbs ground beef
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 packet dry onion soup
1 large egg, beaten
1 Tbs Montreal steak seasoning
3 Tbs lemon juice
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ Tbs lemon juice
1 ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- in a large bowl mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, onion soup, egg, seasoning, lemon juice and ⅓ cup of the glaze mixture.
- form the beef mixture into a loaf and place into a 9×5 inch loaf pan (I divided the mixture into two pans so that I could freeze one).
- bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour; pour off any fat.
- spread the prepared glaze over the top of the meatloaf and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
Glazed Meatloaf ingredients.
in a small bowl combine the glaze ingredients until….
mix all the meatloaf ingredients plus ⅓ cup of glaze mixture….
….and form into one or two loaves.
once baked drain off any fat, pour over the glaze and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
moist and tasty, and always enough leftovers for lunchtime sandwiches the next day :o)
Leave a Reply