Fruit + yogurt + popsicle molds…..need I say more? Lay back in the hammock, listen to the birds in the trees and move the clouds with your mind……mmmmmmmmm
Fruit Yogurt Popsicles
makes 6 popsicles, depending on mold size
2 cups diced fruit of choice (I actually had a mixed bowl already diced up in the fridge of strawberries, raspberries, mango and orange segments)
⅛ cup honey
2 Tbs water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup plain yogurt
- using a potato masher or fork, mash the fruit to a fairly fine pulp – if the fruit is quite firm you can always microwave it for about 30-45 seconds to soften.
- in a bowl (or I found a measuring jug easier for pouring into the molds), combine the honey, water, lemon juice and yogurt and mix well.
- place a fine mesh sieve over the yogurt mixture and press through the fruit puree to remove any seeds or pulp.
- at this stage you can either mix the fruit sauce and yogurt together just a little bit to get a ‘swirl’ effect or mix completely to have a more even colour.
- pour the mixture into your popsicle molds, pop on their ‘lids’ and find a space in your freezer for them.
Fruit Yogurt Popsicle ingredients.
mash the fruit to a fairly fine consistency.
in a measuring jug (or bowl) combine the honey, water, lemon juice and yogurt.
mash the fruit puree through a fine mesh sieve into the yogurt mixture.
either mix very lightly to try and keep a ‘swirl’ effect or….
….mix completely (as I did) for a more even colouring.
pour into your popsicle molds.
pop on the ‘tops’
and try to find room in your freezer for them – amongst the frozen peas, corn, prawns and garlic sausage :o)Now the hard part…..wait long enough for them to set completely.
Leave a Reply