With summer well on its way now, the BBQ is getting more and more of a workout which is great, because let’s be honest, who wants to be inside in a hot kitchen with the oven running when you can be outside, sat on the porch with a glass of wine watching your hubby man the grill :o)
Today we just wanted something quick and tasty so I marinated some pork chops ready for when Dean got home from work.
Chinese Pork Chops
½ cup soy sauce (I used Tamari)
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs vegetable oil
½ tsp ground ginger
⅛ tsp garlic powder
4-6 boneless pork chops
- in a bowl mix all the ingredients, except the pork chops until combined; set aside about a ¼ of the mixture in a separate bowl for marinating during cooking.
- pierce the pork chops with a fork on both sides and place in a large ziploc bag.
- pour in the remaining marinade mixture and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- preheat the BBQ grill to high heat.
- discard the marinade that the pork chops have been in, and grill them for 6-8 minutes per side, depending on thickness, brushing often with the reserve marinade.
Chinese Pork Chop ingredients.
mix all the ingredients, except the chops, and reserve about a ¼ of it for basting.
pierce the chops with a fork on both sides.
place in a large ziploc bag with the main marinade and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
if you’re lucky enough, like I am, sit back with a glass of wine while your wonderful hubby grills the chops on the BBQ (he basted them with the reserve marinade regularly). Doesn’t he make an AWESOME job with his grill marks :o)
succulent and juicy.
we just had ours with some veggie pasta salad.
Leave a Reply